Lymphatic Drainage (LDT) is a gentle hands-on technique that works through the body's lymphatic system to activate the body fluid circulation and stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems (this is the phase of the nervous system that is commonly known as the "rest and digest" phase).
The benefits of the therapy can include:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns and cuts
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Relief of chronic pain
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Some forms of constipation caused by hypertonic muscles
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Alleviation of cellulite
- Reduction of wrinkles
Still curious? Click here to visit our FAQs page on Lymphatic Drainage Therapy.